Posts Tagged ‘tamari’
Kale is one of the hottest trending food items right now, in restaurants, its the talk of the town in cities large and small all over the United States.
With kale being one of the world’s healthiest foods, it’s no wonder restaurants are adding it to their menus as part of a healthier offering to keep up with this new demand of not only kale but other leafy green products with superior nutritional value.
People are discovering the high nutritional value of the dark leafy green and the thousands of recipes that are available online for everything from raw kale salads to cooked kale casseroles and how well it goes with their regular meals.
Many are starting to add these highly nutritious leafy greens to their dinner table on a daily basis.
I have been preparing this Asian kale salad for many years and have served it in my restaurants and has been a successful dish. It is not only tasty but healthy and is prepared with all natural and organic ingredients and is in accord with my training as a macrobiotic chef.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my customers have enjoyed it.
This healthy Asian kale salad tastes especially best when it is made 1 hour prior to serving if you have the time, however can be served anytime.
I always recommend organic when possible, this not only tastes superior but you can count on it having little or no bad elements like pesticides.
- 4 cups chopped kale, spines removed
- 6 small chopped water chestnuts (optional)
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 carrot – grated or matchsticks
- 2 tbsp finely chopped slivers of ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds – can be lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp genmai miso
- Place the kale in a large bowl and add small amount of oil and massage the kale.
- add, carrot, ginger, & optional chestnuts
- Add sesame seeds.
- Make dressing separately, and add to salad, mix together lightly
- add avocado & light toss
- serve and enjoy
Be creative and add a few of your own toppings to it and see how pretty you can make it look for your dinner table.
One thing for sure is that Kale salads are one of the healthiest choices for your diet and will keep you feeling and looking youthful and alive.
Cheers! Chef Pearl Pardee