1. In a separate saucepan add coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, galangal and lemon grass. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour or so for taste. (when the broth is ready you can keep the herbs in for next step or dispose of the herbs if you desire)
2. In a separate pan saute the onion, carrot pieces in a small amount of water until they begin to soften.
3. When coconut broth is ready, add the sauteed vegetables
4. Then add optional vegetables and meat.
5. Stir in Bragg’s, fish sauce or sea salt and continue cooking 5 or 10 minutes longer until optional items are cooked.
6. Top with cilantro sprigs, green onion and lemon juice and serve. Enjoy!